Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered for citizens of certain developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
For more information on other scholarships offered by the CSC, visit the CSC Apply page.
Applications for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are now closed.
University applications for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2021 are now closed. Individual applications for Distance Learning Scholarships are expected to open mid-late February 2021.