Welcome to the October CSC Alumni e-newsletter. This issue brings you news of recent events, updates on alumni projects and the latest Professional Network developments.
If you have an item you would like to submit for inclusion in the next e-newsletter (due out in April 2013), on projects that would be of interest to other alumni or where you would welcome alumni collaboration, please email the alumni office (email@example.com). You can also email with career, award or publication news or other stories for future editions of CS News.
If you want to update your email or postal contacts details, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alumni activities and services
- Update your Online Directory entry
- Taylor & Francis Commonwealth Scholar Best Journal Article Prize – for current and recent Commonwealth Scholars (doctoral)
- Alumni chapters – events from the Kenya and Mauritius chapters
- Professional Networks update – including the forthcoming launch of the Gender Network on the Commonwealth Scholarships LinkedIn group
Alumni projects update
- Project improves food security and provides employment opportunities
- Solar energy and sustainable development
- Commonwealth Scholarship link to the Olympic Games – a scholar shares his story, let us know if you were involved too!
- Next web feature – what links have you made as a result of your CSC award? Have you collaborated with your former host institution on research or projects? Get in touch with your stories and we will include them in the next web feature
News from the CSC
- New member of alumni team
- Tracing alumni – can you help?
News of grants and other opportunities and external projects
- Calling all policy leaders – Canadian government recruitment
- PhD candidates and early career researchers, EU-Africa network
- Volkswagen Postdoctoral Fellowships – of interest to postdoctoral researchers in Sub-Saharan Africa
- The Royal Society International Exchanges Scheme