The CSC’s Mentoring Programme connects Commonwealth Scholars and Alumni to support knowledge and skills development and a practical understanding of how these can be implemented post-scholarship to achieve development impact.
The CSC aims to pair current Scholars with an alumnus working in a related or relevant field to their studies to provide individual advice and guidance during their studies.
Benefits of mentoring
Mentees will have the opportunity to:
- Gain academic support from an experienced alumnus working in a related or relevant field to their chosen subject
- Understand how the skills gained during a Commonwealth Scholarship can be implemented to support development impact in their home country
- Seek advice and support on living and studying in the UK
- Feel connected to the expertise available through the CSC Alumni community
Mentors will have the opportunity to:
- Share their expertise and experience to support Scholars in gaining appropriate skills and knowledge to achieve development impact in their home country
- Work with and learn from Scholars as part of their knowledge and skills development
- Develop new networks and collaborations
- Play an important role in developing future leaders and experts in their field
Following a successful application, Mentors and Mentees will be hand-paired based on their responses for a one-year cycle.
How to apply
Applications to take part in the programme for the academic year 2020/21 are now closed.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com