The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has launched Round 7 of Grand Challenges Explorations, an initiative “to encourage innovative and unconventional global health solutions.
Grant proposals are being accepted online until 19 May 2011 on the following topics:
- Explore Nutrition for Healthy Growth of Infants and Children
- Apply Synthetic Biology to Global Health Challenges
- The Poliovirus Endgame: Create Innovative Ways to Accelerate, Sustain, and Monitor Eradication
- Create the Next Generation of Sanitation Technologies
- Design New Approaches to Cure HIV Infection
- Create Low-Cost Cell Phone-Based Solutions for Improved Uptake and Coverage of Childhood Vaccinations