Duration: 09:00-16:00 (EAT)
Improving maternal child health in Eastern Uganda through the Sanyu Africa Midwives Commonwealth Alumni Association
The Sanyu Africa Midwives Commonwealth Alumni Association is part of the Uganda Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships Alumni Association (UCSFAA) and represents the Sanyu nominated midwives and doctors who completed a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship.
The aims of the Regional Midwifery Maternal and Neonatal Healthcare (MNCH) Training is to:
- Improve the knowledge and skills of midwives and other frontline health workers in the management of complications of labour and neonatal resuscitation
- Create an avenue for sharing experiences and networking among midwives and other frontline health workers
- Improve teamwork and communication among midwives and other health workers
Expected outcomes of the training are:
- Health workers are equipped with the skills and knowledge to support the management of obstetrical emergencies such as Goal oriented ANC, High Risk Identification, retention and management of high-risk mothers of mothers
- QI projects developed to monitor MNCH implementation
This event is led by the Sanyu Africa Midwives Commonwealth Alumni Association and Uganda Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships Alumni Association (UCSFAA) with support from the British Council Uganda on behalf of the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC).
Information will be shared with registered attendees.
To be confirmed