Boost your professional skills for career success in this online workshop.
This workshop is aimed at those who want to develop their own personal ways of working beyond academia. The workshop will give participants the practical skills and tips required for personal and professional success in the workplace.
This session will cover:
- The key professional skills which are essential for adopting in the workplace.
- What the expectations are in a professional environment with tips on how to meet these expectations.
- Practical scenarios and challenges you may come across in any workplace.
- How to build your own inner resilience at work.
- How to ensure Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in work.
Scholars will also learn skills for resolving conflict and working with behaviour you find difficult in others as well as having the chance to put this into practice.
This workshop is part of the CSC’s Development Training Programme for the 2020-21 academic year.
CSC workshops focus on professional and practical skills and are designed to be interactive, with small groups of Scholars and Fellows taking part in each event.
If you are attending this workshop please have a look at the following resources and complete both the necessary tasks:
- Engagement and Reflection Log
- Pre-workshop Self-Inventory Test
If you attended the workshop, you can access the presentation slides here.
This workshop will be run by AccessEd, a non-profit organisation aimed at promoting fair access to university for all young people. Alongside running in-school programmes for under-represented pupils, they also work with researchers across the world, training them to focus on outreach and public engagement skills, career readiness, and leadership development.
AccessEd workshops are designed and delivered by qualified teachers and academics with extensive experience of training researchers across the UK and internationally.