Over the past year, the CSC’s Regional Network Coordinators have organised over 30 events across the UK to bring Scholars together and offer enriching ways to learn and build a community while they are studying in the UK.
Our Regional Network Coordinators have worked hard to connect with Scholars in their UK regions and organise a range of different activities and events. Here’s a snapshot of some of the events that have taken place this year.
Highlights from the year
- In London, Regional Network Coordinator Faika Laz Banti organised a meet-and-greet day at the Barbican Centre and a visit to the historic Cotswolds villages of Bourton-on-the-Water and Stow-on-the-Wold.
- The Regional Network Coordinators for the North East and North West, Ruben Muhayiteto and Kamilu Akorede, co-hosted the annual CSC-Chevening football match in Manchester in June that saw Scholars from both schemes come together for a day of friendly competition.
- In the Midlands, Regional Network Coordinator Joshua Awoke hosted a ‘Spring Academic Conference’ where participating Scholars had the opportunity to learn about writing research proposals and improving their presentation skills.
- Regional Network Coordinator Chidinma Akaniro hosted a sip-and-paint event for Scholars in Cambridge where Scholars shared a drink and chat while capturing the city’s historic scenery on canvas.
- Scholars in Wales took a trip to Holyhead led by Regional Network Coordinator Emmanuel Otuko and held a farewell event at Bangor University where they spoke about their plans for the future with staff from the university.
The CSC would like to thank all this year’s Regional Network Coordinators for their invaluable efforts and contributions to supporting the Scholar community.
Apply to be a Regional Network Coordinator in 2023/2024
Applications for 2023/2024 Regional Network Coordinators are open, so now is your chance to get involved and support Scholars in your region to settle into their UK universities and build lifelong friendships through activities and events.
If you are current Commonwealth Scholar and are interested in applying to be a Regional Network Coordinator in 2023/2024, you can find the application link in your inbox now.
To learn out about the Regional Networks and how you can join the regional Facebook groups, please visit the CSC’s Regional Networks page.