The CSC is offering a special programme of Commonwealth Master’s and PhD Scholarships to welcome the Gambia’s return to the Commonwealth in 2018.
The scholarships are for full-time Master’s and PhD study at a UK university.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Master’s and PhD Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Applications for 2018 Commonwealth Master’s and PhD Scholarships (for the Gambia) are closed.
Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application from mid-August 2018.
For full terms and conditions – including further details of the scholarship themes, tenure and placement, the value of the scholarship, and general conditions – see: