Moving into a career after your studies can be daunting, but this workshop will give you the skills and knowledge you need to adapt in a new job.
This workshop is a great way to kickstart your early career development and explore potential next steps following the completion of your degree.
You will get an overview of different job sectors around the world and insights into the common roles and opportunities for people who, just like you, are moving from academia into a different employment sector.
During this workshop, you will gain practical, useful skills for applying for jobs outside of academia as well as answers to typical questions about transitioning to a career, including:
- How do you interpret ‘skills’ referred to in job adverts?
- What type of job roles are best suited to your own personal strengths?
- What are the tips for writing CVs and cover letters?
- Where are the best places for you to find jobs?
- How do you map researcher skills to specific job descriptions?
- How do you deal constructively with job rejections?
…and much more besides!
Further details of the workshop agenda will be provided to participants on the day.
AccessEd workshops are designed and delivered by qualified teachers and academics with extensive experience of training researchers across the UK and internationally.